New Candidate Application
Ready to Apply?
Before you can submit your application, you will be asked to upload your resume and a cover letter explaing who you are, what role you wish to play in a school, and why you are the best candidate for this role. (PDFs are required)
About our Application
Apply for PK-12 private and independent school positions throughout the South by submitting an application to Southern Teachers Agency. We have placed more candidates in the South than any other service.
Our services are free for all candidates. No registration fees, no annual fees, no cost to candidates at any time! Schools support STA because they recognize the value of STA's assistance in recruiting talented candidates. If you are a teacher, coach, or administrator seeking a job in the South, then we look forward to working with you.
What happens next?
- After submitting your application, we will review your candidacy promptly. If we can assist your job search, then your assigned placement counselor will notify you and provide details about your online account.
- At this point, you can begin assembling a credentials file that we will send to schools. This includes your resume, letters of recommendation, official transcripts from your degree programs, and, if applicable, copies of your teacher certification. You will be able to upload all of these documents yourself after your application has been accepted.
- While not a requirement, we strongly encourage you to send us a video resume. Your chances of obtaining an interview with a school are dramatically increased by presenting a polished video resume alongside your traditional credentials file.
- You will arrange an inteview (either over the phone, or, preferably, in person) with your STA placement counselor to discuss the specific parameters of your search. We want to know your interests, talents, goals, and personality.
- Your counselor will help you for the duration of your search, maintaining steady communication to discern the best opportunities based on your interests and talents.
- Again, STA’s service to candidates is free! You pay nothing—ever.
Since 1902, schools and candidates have relied on STA because they know that their students deserve the best.